Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cure Search Cancer Walk

I walked two and a half miles around Texas Motor Speedway in honor of Johnathon who is forever 3. I did it in hope that one day there will be a cure for cancer. Cure Search is the organization who put the walk together. Radio Disney was set up and they had face painting and I got the words Cancer Sucks on my cheeks. I had so much fun at the walk we got donuts before and pizza after. I got to do a hula hoop contest that I did not win :( . Oh well it was still fun. It was hard to walk on the track when you are walking on the turns it puts a lot of pressure on your ankles because the speedway is slanted for Nascars. This was an experience that I will never forget. I had so much fun and it was cool that I got to walk the speedway. I love to do the walks that are for good causes like this. Johnathon's mom, Teri is good friends with my mom and after her son passed away she started Johnathon's Rainbow Road. I love going to events to help support her cause to find cures for kids of the future.

Face PaintCancer Sucks

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment